My first blog. No big whoop.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Download details: Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Microsoft has released a beta version of an AntiSpyWare application. It seems to run pretty fast, and it found a couple things on my systems. Story on Slashdot is that it's a reword of the program "Giant," so MicroSquish doesn't get full points. I'm glad to be able to download something that I can trust thou. I got burned once, after my machine was infected with a browser hijacker I tried to search for "antispyware software" and trusted the firstlink... which turned out to be a program that just installed more spyware. It's frustrating these days whenever one of my machiens runs just a little slow I think it's infected, but 9 times out of 10 it's just busy doing other things I asked it to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home