My first blog. No big whoop.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Myth: Still a few problems...

I've got the system so watchind DVD's and downloaded content works pretty good.  It records TV fairly well, but there are a few problems that make that less than perfect:

1. Time doesn't stay synched - if you reboot the system looses 5 hrs or so until I run ntpdate bitsy.mit.edu

2. Sound resets to zero - there's a master mixer I think, amixer or something, and I need to run it from the console window after reboot to up the volume

3. Web access - this is probably a firewall issue, but I can't get to the mythweb from outside my network - would be really nice to schedule/check on it remotly

A huge help - the control-alt-F1, and F2 etc... (F7 returns to normal) is something I wish I knew about a LONG time ago - it gets you into a terminal window to execute command line stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home