My first blog. No big whoop.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Banana Peels

On the drive home today a car in front of me threw a banana peel out the window.  Are banana peels garbage?  Of course they are.  Is it "ok" to throw them out your car window?  I don't think so.  It's illegal I'm sure.

Got me thinking about how long it takes a banana peel to biodegrade.  Turns out the internet has the answer, I did a Google search for "banana peel decomposition" and got the typical millions of links - but when I switched my search to Wikipedia, I found the answer in the article about biodegradation.  Turns out the banana peel is top of the list.  10 days it says - so maybe throwing it our the car window isn't so bad.  Diapers take 500yrs - meaning my great-great-great-great grandchildren could still recognize the diapers I threw away this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dupa Jasia said...

.. .. ...

9:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home