My first blog. No big whoop.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

No more McDonalds Hamburgers

Read the book Fast Food Nation about a year ago, and since then haven't touched McDonald's ground beef.  Until Sunday that is - we we're working on the house all morning and I could feel my blood sugar dropping and knew if I didn't eat soon I'd start getting very edgy. 

At the drive through I asked for a sausage McMuffin and was told "We're on Lunch Now" and the McDonald's marketing machine forced me to choose the Quarter Pounder with Cheese.  One bite and I realized the center was pink and cold.  I should mention that the grease was extreme, dripping all over my hand - and they failed to provide the usual napkin.

I turned the car around and took it back.  The manager told one of the lackey's to "Get the Grill fixed" and he went back and reported that "It's been fixed."  I got my money back, and asked for (and received) a couple crappy Happy Meal toys for the kids in addition.  I felt disgusting the rest of the morning, and could smell the McGrease on my fingers.

So in all fairness - I gave McD's another chance and the blew it - McRoyally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home